If you want to offer floor care services for resilient vinyl into your cleaning business, you need to know some of the terminology in order to understand how the chemicals work. Following are a few of the faculties for floor strippers and finishes, in addition to definitions of several of the terminology you need to understand.
* the goal of floor stripping chemicals is to dissolve the existing floor finish, therefore it can be Orange County Strippers without damaging the floors.
* Floors strippers have a higher pH, usually between 10 to 14. High pH compounds are all on the alkaline side of the pH scale.
* Most floor strippers contain high levels of VOC’s (anywhere from 10% to 30%), which can be harmful to the surroundings. There are “greener” alternative ground strippers, which contain lower levels of VOC’s (as low as 6 percent ), in the event that you want to offer green floor maintenance services.
* Strippers are produced to work with a floor cleansing system, and that means you wish to work with a stripper that’s intended to make use of a particular ground finish.
* Floor finish is really a liquid applied to a clean floor in thin layers, in order to protect it from damage and everyday use.
* Floors finishes are created to work with a floor cleaning procedure, and that means you would like to use a floor finish that is intended to work with a specific lineup of daily cleaners, burnishing compounds, and floor strippers.
The scale ranges from 0 to 14. At the 6 conclusion of the scale is solutions are contaminated. At the 8 to 14 close of this scale is solutions are alkaline. Pure water has a pH of 7, which is impartial.
* VOC (volatile organic compound) – Organic compounds that produce vapors that could be bad for the environment.
* Solids – What’s left on to the floor surface after a floor conclude remedies. Usually expressed as a percentage of fat loss. The greater the percentage, the more coating that is left on to the ground after it dries. But, keep in mind that a high solid material will not necessarily mean the final has better durability or gloss.
* Polymer – Synthetic compounds of high molecular weight. The vapor content of this floor finish usually contains 50% polymer – that really is what forms the film on to the floor, and that’s exactly what gives the conclusion its glow and durability.
* Wax Emulsions – Wax consists of anywhere from 5 – 20% of their flooring finish, also that’s what enables a floor to be”buffed”. Synthetic waxes have now replaced natural waxes due to these slip resistance, dark mark resistance, and durability.
* Plasticizers – Compounds added into floor finish to keep it soft and pliable. Plasticizers enable the compounds to come with each other to form a picture without flaws and imperfections. In addition they help the final to be impact resistant.
* Surfactants – Used to increase the touch of two or more materials, some times called wettability. This enables the floor finish to be spread more easily on the floor.
Go to your community janitorial supply house to learn more on the product lines that they carry. Again, you do not work with a stripper from one product line and an end from the other line, etc.. Floor care products are made to work as a floor care system. There are a number of lines to select from so ask a great deal of questions of your supplier prior to picking a lineup to utilize.